Most beautiful kasbahs
The imperial cities
- The kasbahs of Morocco’s prestigious imperial cities must be visited as they are the guardians of most of the kingdom’s historical relics! Whether it is Rabat’s oceanfront kasbah, or those of Fes, Meknes or Marrakech at the feet of the Atlas, there is no where else where the gardens and palaces are more breathtaking…
The call of the sea…
- If you go to Tangier, climb to the top of its kasbah and let yourself daydream facing the beauty of the sky and sea. The view of the Straight of Gibraltar and the Spanish coast is stunning!
- Not far from Tangier, Chefchaouen’s kasbah is a refreshing haven of nature and beauty in the heart of the city. Only a half hour drive from the sea, its ramparts and their magnificent views over the Rif region enclose quite an enchanting medina.
The kasbahs of the Atlas
- Get off the tourist tracks and cross the M’Goun mountain range from north to south. The age old charms of little Berber villages and the splendour of great open spaces combine to make wonderful and colourful memories!
- When visiting the ksours around Toubkal, stop at Asni, at the feet of the famous Tamadot kasbah. Owned by Sir Richard Branson, this edifice on the hills of the High Atlas has been converted into an extraordinary hotel.
The road of a thousand kasbahs
- When you take the spectacular road from Telouet to Ouarzazate, you will also discover a marvellous itinerary between snow-capped mountain peaks, red lands and lush palmeraies. Admire the beautiful procession of Ksours and Kasbahs, contrasting colours guaranteed! Mid-way, you’ll come across the beautiful fortified village of the Aït Ben Haddou, a unique world heritage site…
- From Ouarzazate, go south to Zagora and M’Hamid. Driving along the valley’s oases, you’ll enter the fabulous world of the Draa kasbahs. At Agdz, go on a walk to discover the orange gardens of the Ali caid’s kasbah. From the rooftop, you’ll have a fantastic view over the oasis and the surrounding kasbahs. Two other breathtaking kasbahs or that of Tagourine and Tansikht.
- Finally, make your way to Tinghir until you reach the Dades Valley. You’ll first cross the Skoura palmeraie home to many well-conserves kasbahs. After getting back on the kasbah road, drive to Tamtetoucht and M’Semrir, all the way to the Tafilalet gorges…