The most beautiful hikes
Land of sea, mountains, and desert, Morocco is a heavenly destination for walkers. Tackle the slopes of the Atlas, cross valleys and gorges brimming with waterfalls and gardens, or simply walk along a gigantic deserted beach on the Atlantic coast… Here is just a limited selection of walks that will bring you to some of the country’s most breathtaking places!
A country of sea…
- At the doorstep of the Atlas and the Sahara, the Atlantic Coast, benefits from heavenly natural environmental and climatic conditions! Go for a walk along lagoons, cliffs, coves, and fine sand beaches, from Tetouan to Dakla stopping of course by Essaouira and Oualidia: incredible adventures are in store for you along the sea!
- Discover the Rif crescent on the foothills and slopes that overlook the Mediterranean in the north. From Tetouan, go on an excursion to the rhomara lands. After you’ve crossed the Martil Valley, you’ll climb the Rif hills. Between pines, the plunging views down to the wild Moroccan coves are awe-striking.
- When travelling in the High Atlas, fans of trekking and hiking will of course be drawn to the Toubkal National Park. Through vast forests of Holly Oaks, Thujas, and Junipers, you’ll cross contrasting landscapes of plateaus and cliffs overlooking the fertile valleys of Ourika, N’Fis or Sous.
- Choosing to visit the region around M’Goun is choosing to see an authentic Morocco far from the tourism industry, making it a great place for nature lovers and trekkers! The variety of landscapes is exceptional between steep mountain crests and snow-capped circuses, plains and plateaus, gorges and valleys…
…forests and fresh water…
- Towering over the region from the top of the Mid Atlas, the mountain station of Ifrane is buried in forests of cedars, oaks and maples. Hike through its natural park along bustling mountain streams, waterfalls and lakes: an untamed wilderness for hikers!
- All year round the Atlas valleys provide relaxation and freshness. Let yourself fall under the enchantment of the clumps of almond trees, walnut trees and poplars. Then, why not discover the Todra Valley and venture to the bottom of its gorges: many trails will take you to the feet of these impressive cliffs and canyons.
- South of the Atlas Mountains, it has never been easier to explore the desert’s many landscapes! Full of oueds and palm groves, you’ll cross regs of blackened rocks scorched by the sun. Further along, travellers enter a universe of golden sand and dunes. The desert extends as far as the eye can see, an ocean of light. From leisurely strolls to all out treks, a great range of hikes will bring you to the most beautiful sites the desert has to offer! At the desert’s doorstep, M’Hamid will lead you to the heart of the Draa’s Hamada (reg) or towards Merzouga at the edge of the Chebbi erg.