In the heart of Marrakech
Everything had been said of Marrakech, the imperial city. History saturates every detail of it with its palaces and splendid monuments. This prestigious oasis city and cosmopolitan metropolis extends its prosperity to the inhabitants of the nearby Atlas Mountains and Sahara Desert. Nowhere else in Morocco are the palaces more beautiful, the gardens more lush or the souks (bazaars) more lively. The medina, contained by the city’s ocre ramparts is Marrakech’s pulsating heart and encloses most of its splendours. Marrakech is the pearl of Morocco and it is said that an entire lifetime would not be enough to exhaust its charms.
> Riad Dollar des Sables : Located in the heart of the medina, a 2 minute walk from the famous Jemaa el Fnaa, The Dollar des Sables riad is a tradional home from the 19th century. It has just been renovated with taste, but its original fountain and shaded patio surrounded by carved stucco columns and mosaics pay tribute to Moroccan architecture. Today, this charming riad welcomes guests with oriental flair. It has 6 rooms over 3 floors: one spacious twin room, four double rooms, all very comfortable with air conditioning and bathrooms, and one suite with a skylight and a mosaic bathtub.
> An other riad in the medina : Marrakech currently has over 200 riads in its medina. We have selected for you a few of the best and built strong relationships with them over the years. We chose these riads based on the criteria of location (how easy it is to access), reduced capacity (number of rooms), quality and authentic cuisine, reasonable prices, and of course their overall irreproachable service and welcome. That being said, let us know exactly what you’re looking for and we’ll find the accommodation in Fes that suits you best.
Price for this stay in Morocco
Your stay starting from 100€ per person based on a 2 person trip for 2 nights in the Dollar des Sables
This price is per person, based on a 2 person trip and sharing a room
Final price will vary according to the number of people and the season.
- 2 nights in double rooms
- Transfers to and from the airport
Not included :
- Other meals and drinks
- International flights to Morocco
Things to do while there
- Discover the true heart of the city, Jemaa el Fnaa square
- Tour the ramparts to appreciate the city’s historical importance
- Visit the city’s museums and palaces
- Get lost in the souks and hang out around the artisans’ workshops.
- Treat yourself to a Moroccan feast in a restaurant, have a mint tea on a terrace, go out at night...
- Take advantage of the serenity of the riad to relax
- Book a hammam treatment and massage
- Attend a Moroccan cuisine workshop
- Go for a day excursion to Essaouira
- Go hiking for a day in the nearby Atlas Mountains
- Once you have booked your trip, we’ll send you our list of all the best places to eat shop ect.
- Don’t hesitate to hire a guide for at least your first day exploring the city to be able to make sense of your extraordinary surroundings.
- The folk festival takes place over fifteen days in June and July in the ruins of the Badir Marrakech palace
- In October Marrakech hosts a fantastic international film festival.
How to access ?
Direct access by the Marrakech International Airport. The transfer to and from the airport is included in the price