Four days on the beautiful beaches of El Jadida
El Jadida, between Casablanca and Essaouira and formerly known as Mazagan, is a city that was fortified by the Portuguese in the beginning of the 16th century. Its incredible cisterns, seafront ramparts, impressive gates and unique city layout testify to this rich history. Even the new town is enchanting with its stunning ocean views and lively markets. Finally, El Jadida’s sandy beach is known far and wide as one of Morocco’s most beautiful. For these reasons and more, a holiday here is a fantastic idea, especially with our selection of beautiful accommodations.
> Guesthouse in the countryside : Between forest and ocean, this family residence will satisfy travellers looking for calm and authenticity. It is located between El Jadida and Azemmour on the hills facing a bay offering a splendid view over the water. In the middle of a garden of almost 2 hectares, this haven of peace is a great place to relax. It offers only 5 rooms decorated in traditional Moroccan style, and on the terrace is a pleasant solarium.
> Riad in the city center : A riad in the medina. Even if there is less of a selection of riads than in Marrakech, El Jadida has some high quality offerings of its own. We have selected a few with which we have built strong relationships over the years, chosen based on their locations and ease of access, reduced capacity, traditional cuisine, reasonable prices and of course irreproachable services and welcome. Be sure to fill us in on your tastes and needs so we can find the riad that suits you best!
Price for this stay in Morocco
Your stay starting from 235€ per person based on a 2 person trip for 3 nights in a riad in the medina
Your stay starting from 275€ per person based on a 2 person trip for 3 nights in a guesthouse outside the city
This price is per person, based on a 2 person trip and sharing a room
Final price will vary according to the number of people and the season.
- 3 nights in double room
-Transfers to and from the Casablanca airport
Not included :
- Other meals and drinks
- Car rental
Things to do while there
- Visit the ancient cisterns of the old city. This extraordinary monument’s Gothic underground columns are sure to take your breath away. A stunning UNESCO world heritage site.
- Walk along the seafront promenade where Moroccan families meet up after a long day
- Discover the lively daily life of the town center: fish souks, vegetable markets…
- Retrace the footsteps of Orson Welles and see the places he filmed some famous scenes in Othello
- Take advantage of the kilometres and kilometres of beaches
- Go horseback riding on the beach. The stables of the national equitation school offer rides on the beach or through the countryside
- Golf! You’ll find one of Morocco’s most beautiful courses here, designed by Cabell Robinson
- Gambling…a casino has just opened up in the Mazagan tourism complex
- Once you have booked your trip, we’ll send you our list of all the best places to eat shop ect.
- El Jadida’s climate is temperate regardless of the season. In the summer, the trade winds blow over the city making it less stifling than other Moroccan cities during this period
- If you have a sense of adventure, prolong your stay and rent a car to go off and discover Essaouira or Marrakech. Otherwise, the transfer to and from Casablanca is included in the price.
How to access ?
Direct acess from the Casablanca airport. 100km or a 1h30 min drive. El Jadida is also about 200 km or a 3 hour drive from Marrakech from where we can also organize your transfer.